40 years ago today a Princess, a scoundrel, and a farm boy (who farmed…Complete trash from the looks of it) brought a fresh aspiration to the universe, a New Hope, you could say. Forty years ago today, ten little words sent us spinning chaotically into hyperdrive.
“A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.” started the adventure Solo-ng ago and even with forty years done, it hasn’t lost its popularity. Like many, I grew up watching the Star Wars films and can positively say that it is my second favorite film franchise ever in the whole universe. Anyone who disagrees is not to be trusted. Because of this momentous day, I have decided to share with you a few things that I feel about those conflicted star zones.
I have compiled a list of a few of the characters I relate to:
(I’m a little short for a stormtrooper so they won’t be on here)
- Yoda. I mean I’m short, but I can still whoop your butt. And I can’t often say the words in the sentences sometimes.
- Admiral Ackbar because I also enjoy shouting out obvious facts when I’m in peril.
- Qui-Gon Jinn. It’s the hair really. He had some luscious locks in that film.
And overall? What. A. Dude.
- Stormtroopers. I lied. They are on here. Why? Because we got that loyalty, complete lack of fashion, and am either really unlucky or just talented at getting hurt a lot.
- Darth Maul. I’m only half of the man I could be.
- Jar Jar Binks. All of you haters can kindly shut your mouths. He’s awkward, obnoxious, clumsy. Means well but invariably annoys everyone around him.
I mean, come on guys, who does that sound like?
- Leia for the obvious reason that I’m fierce as hell.
- Jawas, again with that height factor….
- Anakin Skywalker. The first bit is obvious: “Hold me, Annie. Like you did on Naboo.” Name twinsies. He’s haunted and tormented by an awful lot ranging from his mother’s death to a kiss with a girl to murdering a ton of people. He also had a tendency to be a bit on the dramatic side, assumes a lot, but overall was just a guy willing to die for his loved ones, especially his hot mama. Anakin is pretty filled with hate, which I don’t exactly relate to except on one particular thing. We both have a mutual hate for sand.
Happy 40th Anniversary everyone. May the force be with us always.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If you don’t like Star Wars,
There’s something wrong with you.
*insert cheeky peace sign* ✌🏻 Bless.